As a young man, you probably didn’t give your prostate much thought. But as you get older, it may become hard to ignore. Formulated by Dr. Aaron Katz, the best-selling author of Dr. Katz’s Guide to Prostate Health, Dual-Action ProstaCell® features some of the world’s most researched natural ingredients for supporting prostate health.* ProstaCell has two main modes of action:
- Protects prostate cells.* Epidemiological research indicates that vitamins D and E, selenium, and plant-derived isoflavones protect prostate cells.* ProstaCell includes these nutrients in forms that work best with the body’s biochemistry: vitamin D as D3, vitamin E as a combination of mixed tocopherols, and selenium as L-selenomethionine.
- Supports a strong urinary flow.* Human clinical research has shown that saw palmetto, stinging nettles, and pygeum support urinary function, while promoting normal urinary flow.*
Benefits of Prostacell:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia1-3,10*
- Enlargement of the prostate4*
- Prostate cancer5*
- Prostate function6,9*
- Liver function6*
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms7-8,11*
1. Nettle root extract
Nettle root extract has been used in traditional European herbal medicine to support a healthy response to inflammation.* This explains why the herb has been found useful for both supporting the health of the nasal passageways and for maintaining normal prostate size, which supports urinary function and promotes normal urinary flow.*
2. Pygeum bark extract
Pygeum bark extract was traditionally used to support bladder health.* Several placebo-controlled human clinical trials have shown that pygeum extract supports urinary function and a strong urinary flow, most likely by regulating sex hormones.* Specifically, a compound in pygeum extract supports normal androgen levels in men, promoting a healthy prostate gland.*
3. Red clover herb extract
Red clover is one of the densest sources of isoflavones in nature. Isoflavones are phytochemicals that have a protective effect on prostate cells.* The most active of these is Biochanin A, which affects many genes and chemical pathways within the prostate and supports prostate health.*
4. Saw palmetto extract
Saw palmetto extract is well-documented to support a normal urinary flow in men.* It works by regulating male sex hormones, specifically through inhibiting the action of 5-alpha reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.*
5. Vitamin D3
Vitamin D is a great multi-tasker: it strengthens bone by aiding calcium absorption, modulates immune function, protects prostate cells, and boosts brain chemicals needed for positive mood.* Vitamin D3 is better absorbed than vitamin D2.*
Q: Does the combination of saw palmetto and nettles improve symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)?
A: Saw palmetto and nettles have both been shown individually to improve urinary symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate. Several human clinical studies have shown that the combination of 320 mg of saw palmetto extract plus 240 mg of nettle dry root extract daily supports urinary function, while promoting normal urinary flow.*
- Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2013 Jan; 15(1): 9–10.
- Planta Med 1994; 60(1): 30-33
- Planta Med.2000 Feb;66(1):44-7
- Cochrane Database Syst Rev.2002;(1):CD001044.
- 2007 Feb;31(1):72-81
- 2008 Feb;71(2):185-90; discussion 190. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2007.08.068.
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016; 2016: 1960926.
- 2011 Sep 28;306(12):1344-51. doi: 10.1001/jama.2011.1364.
- J Urol.2013 Feb;189(2):486-92. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2012.09.037. Epub 2012 Dec 14.
- Journal ListRev Urolv.3(3); Summer 2001PMC1476047
- Journal ListActa Pharmacol Sinv.30(3); 2009 MarPMC4002402
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*